(Image: Trump and Kim shake hands before their bilateral meeting in Singapore. Source: Fox News Twitter)
Kim Jung-un and President Trump have left their one on one and headed to a luncheon where diplomatic and expert staff will join them. The two leaders are continuing their historic summit which has the world watching.
Some things to watch for from the summit as we near the end:
- Substance and plans: Will there be an unveiling of a plan toward denuclearization?
- Statements: What will Kim Jung-un say? What about Trump’s words? How will the media–both American and North Korean–use public statements to shape the narrative?
- Human rights: Was the topic of human rights abuses even mentioned in this meeting? What was said and who said it?
- The relationship: How do Kim and Trump act together? How are they shaping the image through body language and gestures?
- Peace Treaty: Was their discussion on a formal treaty to end the Korean War? Were any stipulations in place for the treaty? What frame was the treaty presented? And, finally, was a treaty signed?
These are just a few points to watch in this summit. Hopefully, we’ll have answers to them all in the coming hours.